cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Arbortext& DITA Doctype customization

rnavath
1-Newbie

Arbortext& DITA Doctype customization

Dell - Internal Use - Confidential
Hi,

I am working in DITA +ARBORTEXT in client/server environment. When I connect arbortext with server all doctypes,DCF,ACL,FOSI files are downloading to local folder.

My question is when I update a DTD, is it necessary to update DCF,ACL,FOSI file to effect the changes in Arbortext Editor? Or it will update automatically?

Thanks,
Roopesh Navath
Software Dev Assoc Engineer
Dell | PG - Information Development, India (BDC)

6 REPLIES 6

Hi Roopesh,

If I'm understanding your question correctly, you are asking if a DTD change requires updates to the other files in the doctypes folder?

The answer to that question depends on the changes you are making to the DTD. If you are just adding an extra attribute with no special behaviour, then you shouldn't need to update the other files (possibly the FOSI if you need the attribute to do something in the printed output or on-screen display).

If you are making a more substantial change to the DTD (adding/removing elements, modifying content models, etc.) then you will probably need to update the related files.

In the case of DITA, there is a concept of a DITA specialization. If you use the specialization method to achieve your "DTD updates" then technically you do not need to change anything. In practice you often want to update the stylesheets to handle your specialization elements/attributes.

Does that help?

// Gareth Oakes
// Chief Architect, GPSL
// www.gpsl.co

HI,

Thank you for the reply.

I was trying to make optional tag to mandatory (removed question mark(?) from alt tag which is coming inside image tag). I am getting correct output in other editor (i.e <image><alt></alt></image>). When I insert image tag, alt tag is placing automatically in other editor. But in Arbortext Istill I need to insert manually.

My doubt is Some style,or configuration file need a changes to make this done?.

Could you please clarify me in this issue?

You should have the "Insert required elements" checkbox checked in your Preferences/Edit dialog. If this is not checked, required elements will not be inserted automatically.

"Insert required elements" option is already checked.

My doubt is Doctype configuration file(DCF) or FOSI file need to update to get this required element to display correctly?

Roopesh

Perhaps reading the Help topic: Inserting elements and text automatically will help. You can type help 7734 on the Arbortext command line.

Hi Team,

This is the answer I was expecting last some days. I think it will work for me. Once I get Arbortext Architect License I will try to implement this steps.

Thanks,
Roopesh
Top Tags