cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

(Arbortext Editor 5.3) How to prevent the processing instructions to be compiled in the .sgml?

fghirardello
1-Newbie

(Arbortext Editor 5.3) How to prevent the processing instructions to be compiled in the .sgml?

Hi,

I work for an aerospace industry in the technical publication office. We use Arbortext Editor to create and modify Data Modules (.sgml files) acording to the AECMA 1000D. One of our customers is having trouble with our documents due to the automatic processing instructions that Epic Editor write in the .sgml files, like:

file:///C:/DATI/0_Raccolta%20SpecificheXXXX/Epic/proced/proced.fos" type="text/x-fosi" media="editor" alternate="yes">

This kind of tags, are not visible to the author with the Epic Editor interface, they can be viewed and removed only using a text editor like Note Pad. I've read that the last two instructions () can be removed by turning set writepi=off on the advanced settings.

But what about the first two instructions? The first one reports to the hard disk location of the DTDs and Style Sheets used by the program to open the file, the second one is an automatic string with programs information that Epic put at the beginning of every document that is saved.

Can i prevent Epic Editor to put this strings in the documents?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

"Set writepi=off" is supposed to delete all PI's when saving, including the ones you are worried about. However if you use the "write" command with "-pi" argument somewhere else in your code, it may override the "set writepi=off" option. In other words, the "write -pi" command takes priority over the "set writepi =off" option

If you set up your stylesheet lists in the doctype's .dcf file, you also don't need to associate any stylesheets within the actual documents themselves. That would get rid of that declaration - or rather, would allow you to get rid of them once and for all.

John T. Jarrett

In 5.3 you can go to Tools - Preferences and on the Save tab select the
Remove Arbortext PIs

..dan

> Hi,
> I work for an aerospace industry in the technical publication office. We
> use Arbortext Editor to create and modify Data Modules (.sgml files)
> acording to the AECMA 1000D. One of our customers is having trouble with
> our documents due to the automatic processing instructions that Epic
> Editor write in the .sgml files, like:
> > href="file:///C:/DATI/0_Raccolta%20SpecificheXXXX/Epic/proced/proced.fos"
> type="text/x-fosi" media="editor" alternate="yes">
>
>
>
> This kind of tags, are not visible to the author with the Epic Editor
> interface, they can be viewed and removed only using a text editor like
> Note Pad. I've read that the last two instructions ( > *0000006447 0>) can be removed by turning set writepi=off on the advanced
> settings.
> But what about the first two instructions? The first one reports to the
> hard disk location of the DTDs and Style Sheets used by the program to
> open the file, the second one is an automatic string with programs
> information that Epic put at the beginning of every document that is
> saved.
> Can i prevent Epic Editor to put this strings in the documents?
>
> Thank you
>
>
>
Top Tags