cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Arbortext Editor 5.3 vs 5.2

ptc-2713175
1-Newbie

Arbortext Editor 5.3 vs 5.2

Hello, I have 2 questions: Our office we have Arbortext Editor 5.2. Our client currently has Arbortext Editor 5.3. Question 1: Will this present problems if we do not upgrade to Arbortext Editor 5.3 for our client? Question 2: Also - client has asked for PDF document. It is our understanding we need Arbortext Styler for this... is this true, or is there different option to create PDF document. Thank you for your help, Tim
3 REPLIES 3
lfraley
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-2713175)

Hi Tim, Getting to your second question first: You need something to produce PDF. Editor alone will not do it. Styler, Publishing Engine, Architect, APP, any of these will do. Now, to your first question: There should be no issues sending source files between 5.2 and 5.3. However, if you're creating PDF, you wont' have page fidelity between the PDFs produced by 5.2 and 5.3. Liz

Hello Liz, Thank you for your replies. What do you mean by page fidelity? Thanks again, Tim
lfraley
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-2630418)

Tim: If I take a source file in 5.3 and create a PDF, then take the same source file (no changes) and put it in 5.2 and create a PDF, I will not see exactly the same thing if I do a side by side page by page comparison. Liz
Top Tags