cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Arbortext Editor Debug Messages

ptc-4855865
1-Newbie

Arbortext Editor Debug Messages

I'm using Arbortext 6.0 M020.

When I cut and paste from an external document (MS-word), which I do often, a window pops up telling me:

"agettext:Msgid not found in message file: CopyPaste failed to convert clipboard"

It then allows me to clear or close the window.

I'm not really expecting (or caring) that it is not bringing the word formatting over so this window popping up is getting really irritating.

Is there a way to turn this message off?

Never had this problem using version 5.3.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rdiaz
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-4855865)

Hi Steven,

Have you tried setting the pastesource value to blank? According to the Help Center:

set pastesource= [mif] [;htm] [;rtf] [;txt]

This command specifies the Microsoft Windows clipboard formats that will be converted to XML markup during Arbortext Editor copy and paste operations from other applications. The command also enables and disables the conversion of clipboard formats. To disable the conversion of clipboard formats during copy and paste operations from other applications, set this preference to an empty string.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Can you use Paste>Special and get the desired results?

Paste Special does work but involves a few more steps which defeats the purpose of using a rapid ctrl-c and ctrl-v.

Attempted to add .doc and .docx to the "pastesource" advanced preference but no love.

rdiaz
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-4855865)

Hi Steven,

Have you tried setting the pastesource value to blank? According to the Help Center:

set pastesource= [mif] [;htm] [;rtf] [;txt]

This command specifies the Microsoft Windows clipboard formats that will be converted to XML markup during Arbortext Editor copy and paste operations from other applications. The command also enables and disables the conversion of clipboard formats. To disable the conversion of clipboard formats during copy and paste operations from other applications, set this preference to an empty string.

Rafael, Your suggestion to blank out the pastesource data worked. I no longer have the debug window popping up. Thank you!

The difference with 6.0, compared to 5.3, is the Import/Export module is now used to "intelligently" convert MS Word content to the target DTD as you paste. I don't know how that works if you are using a DTD that isn't OOTB, perhaps some configuration is required?

Not sure either. Forcing me to close a debug window every time I paste in from a word document doesn't seem very "intelligent" to me. Arbortext and the DTD store and manages it as pcdata so why not bring it in as pcdata. Oh well, I'm getting used to it....

I'm sure PTC Support will be able to assist with this, it sure sounds like an annoying bug.

Top Tags