cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Arbortext Editor FOSI

ptc-5157108
1-Newbie

Arbortext Editor FOSI

Hi,

We are facing an unusual issue, we have FOSI for showing generated text. It is working fine when we are updating existing tags, however, when we insert new tags then we are not able to see the generated text corresponding to those new tags. Also, we have observed that after inserting new tags, if we delete some text in some other tag and then undo (Ctrl+Z), we are able to see the generated text for the newly inserted tags.

We have gentextautoupdate as "full" and gentextautoupdate as "on". Please advise. I have tried it on the other forum (http://communities.ptc.com/) but have not got an answer yet. Also, my file is not that big.

Regards,

Pawan

2 REPLIES 2

From where do the contents of the generated text come? If the generated text is created by a request and return from some external software, such as VB or C#, etc. You may have to save the document in order to update the generated text. If it is self-generated by the FOSI, there should be nothing preventing it from appearing as soon as the new tag is inserted.

Pawan,

Although gentext is set to Show and Full Auto-Updates is on, you still have to have an event trigger the update. There is a button with a lightening bolt through it called Update GenText, or you can use <ctrl+alt+g> to trigger the update.

It is not fully automatic since doing so could have detrimental affects on large documents. FOSI processing can be slow with large documents and therefore make it a painif it's set to update every time you change something. The Full and Partial options on GenText updating deals with wether or not TIVs in the FOSI, such as a TOC or an Index are updated. Of course, None means nothing is automatically updated.

When you add a paragraph that is numbered, you enter the tag, the content, and then hit the GenText Update button. I believe this is how the Editor (Epic or ADEPT) always has worked.

Hope this helps,

Bob

Top Tags