cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Arbortext Editor and XAML support

RagnarBranaes
1-Newbie

Arbortext Editor and XAML support

Have anyone investigated the use of XAML code into Arbortext to create graphics?

My SW programmers use XAML, and it would be really useful if we could share the source code.....

4 REPLIES 4
lfraley
6-Contributor
(To:RagnarBranaes)

I can't tell what your end goal is. Are you looking to get a dialog window that matches your XAML code or a picture of the dialog that the XAML creates?

Sorry, of course I didn't clearify my intentions.....they use XAML to design the dialog boxes in their applications. Today, I need to make a screen capture to put these dialog boxes into my user manuals. I was curious to find out if I could skip the screen capture part and "build" the dialog boxes directly in my documents using the XAML code.

lfraley
6-Contributor
(To:RagnarBranaes)

You can do it, but you will still need the compiler that turns XAML code into drawn code on screen. AFAIK, XAML files are compiled into BAML files, which are inserted resources into a .NET Framework assembly. This means that, at run-time, the framework engine does the heavy lifting: it extracts the .baml file from assembly resources, parses it, and creates a corresponding WPF visual tree or workflow.

You could create the same process inside Arbortext, to get what you're looking for, but you'd need to create the same code inside it that exists in your software build process. You can execute external programs in Arbortext through the Arbortext API mechanisms.

Find an experienced Arbortext resource partner with computer science software programmers on staff and this will be fairly straight-forward.

Liz

Thanks.

Top Tags