cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Arbortext Editor does not show CGM file (with IsoView)

TD_11074670
3-Visitor

Arbortext Editor does not show CGM file (with IsoView)

In an XML data module opened in Arbortext Editor, when scroll down to a graphic part, it triggers an error “Can not find or start IsoView Server. Error -1”. Does anyone know why?

When I changed the view to Creo, the graphic shows up, but Arbortext Editor won’t recognize any hotspots from the graphic, thus I don’t want to use Creo View.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Is this a new install or did it just start happening? What versions of software are you using? Do you also use Isodraw? We have found that you need to install Isodraw first then Editor for there not to be issues with isoview.

Bryon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Is this a new install or did it just start happening? What versions of software are you using? Do you also use Isodraw? We have found that you need to install Isodraw first then Editor for there not to be issues with isoview.

Bryon

Okay so I reinstalled in this order, Editor > IsoDraw and it works now. Thanks.

Alexia
13-Aquamarine
(To:TD_11074670)

Thank you for updating this post with the steps and resolution.

Sometimes the registry gets a bit confused and needs a bit of a re-install which in turn re-registers the products to get it working.

Would you be OK if I mark your last comment as 'Solution' as this may help other Community members if they come across a similar issue.

Best wishes

Alexia

Alexia
Top Tags