cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Arbortext Editor in Azure

bbender
4-Participant

Arbortext Editor in Azure

Hello everyone, has anyone deployed Arbortext Editor in Azure? I am working on setting up a FlexNet license host triad (using 3 Windows VMs) to host our floating licenses. I assume we will deploy Arbortext Editor itself using Azure Virtual Desktops (AVD) where a license can then be checked out from the license pool by the user. Thus far I've hit communication issues between the FlexNet hosts that I'm trying to resolve by looking into networking and license configuration. I just wanted to check with the community to see if this was done by someone else in Azure or perhaps in AWS and if they have any high-level guidance. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes you will need network connectivity between the Arbortext clients and the FlexNet license server. I haven't done this before but it looks like you need to ensure that the clients and server are on the same subnet and then use network security groups to allow traffic flow between the machines. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-network/tutorial-filter-network-traffic

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Yes you will need network connectivity between the Arbortext clients and the FlexNet license server. I haven't done this before but it looks like you need to ensure that the clients and server are on the same subnet and then use network security groups to allow traffic flow between the machines. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-network/tutorial-filter-network-traffic

bbender
4-Participant
(To:GarethOakes)

Thanks, Gareth, I have setup the licensing but still have communication issues. I know they are on the same subnet with a configured NSG. I'll check with my DevOps team to make sure everything is configured properly in case I missed something. Previously, this was such an easy setup with our on-premises VMs.

bbender
4-Participant
(To:bbender)

Just a follow up--we finally resolved the issue related to a firewall that was blocking the connection.

Top Tags