cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Arbortext Isodraw pens.

Savera
1-Newbie

Arbortext Isodraw pens.

Hi,

While opening isodraw we will have the standard pens in the Pen dialog box. But when i try to open Isodraw in my system, it has one more Pen which was created by some other user. Kindly guide me how to open the default new Isodraw file without other pens?. I think we have to touch the preferences file. Thanks for your cooperation in advance.

1 REPLY 1

It does sound like a preference issue. We've run into this with fonts.

Here is the downside. When a file is created new, the current users preference file is embedded in the Iso file. That means if the other user has the extra pen defined, when you open his files his preference will be embedded.

Approaches to resolution:

1. Make a master copy of the preference file and put it on both of your machines. (This is the best.)
  2. Make a master file from one of the machines and when someone needs to make a new file use the master file as your starting point. I had to do this for fonts because the preference file doesn't control this aspect. Used a macro to grab a copy and rename.
  3. Manually delete the pen each time or create a macro to delete it (assuming no lines are actually assigned to it). If lines are used by it reassign them manually or by macro to one of your other pens.
Top Tags