cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Arbortext Styler settings for table

ptc-5110902
1-Newbie

Arbortext Styler settings for table

Hello all,

I have following two questions about the table settings in Arbortext Styler.

1. What kind of setting in Arbortext Styler allows a table not to break by a page and show all the table rows in the same page?

2. When a table has to break by a page as it is too long to fit in one page, how do I set the table head on a next page of the same table?

Your guidance will be highly appreciated.

Tomomi

4 REPLIES 4

1. I haven't tried this, but can you set "Keep Together" on the <table> element itself? This may only work for APP engine (as opposed to FOSI).

2. This is standard table behaviour if you put your header row inside a <thead> (for CALS tables) or <th> (for HTML tables).

Hi Gareth!

Thanks for your advice.

Regarding #2, you are very right! Now I got it.

However, I'm not sure how "Keep Together" works on table element. I tried it several times but I didn't see any difference. Have you got any idea for this?

Tomomi

Perhaps table keeps are unsupported in Styler? Are you using the APP engine or the FOSI engine? If you are using FOSI I would try a test on the APP engine to see if that helps.

lfraley
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-5110902)

You didn't mention what version of Styler you're using, but if you're using 6.0, getting the table head to repeat on the following page when it breaks across pages is really easy.

Question: How do I set up repeating table headers?

Answer: Go to the element rule for 'title in table". Then go to the "Gentext" Tab. Tell it to repeat. in the lower half of the panel where it says "Repeat title or continuation text (Print/PDF only)"

Once you turn it on, the "edit" button on the right will become active. Click the Edit button to customize the "table title - continued" text.

Top Tags