one is at
08/13/2007 11:42 AM
Please respond to
-

To
-
cc

Subject
[adepters] - Arbortext namespace documentation on P...

> NOTICE: This communication may contain proprietary or other confidential
information. If you are n...

Thanks, Janet! That worked fine, once I requested a 'new' password (not
sure I'd ever actually been there).

Steve Thompson
(316)977-0515
When the only tool you have is a hammer,
Everything looks like a hard disk...

The arbortext.com domain was never supposed to be shut down completely --
some pages are still there -- but for some reason, the namespace pages were
lost and never restored. I logged a call about this with the IT department
before I left PTC -- it's disappointing that they haven't done anything
about it yet -- and to be on the safe side, I posted the files on
ptcuser.org. I'm hopeful that Arbortext people will keep these files
updated.

You can see the files available by going to the "Files" tab on ptcuser.org,
or you can go to this link:
&op=index.

PG

Hi PG,

I have download the file Arbortext XSL FO Extensions.htm uploaded by you. But there are many hyperlinks to detailed specification about every extension which are unavailable now. Could you upload all these pages? Otherwise, I still don't know how to use these extensions. Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Best Regards,

Billy

In Reply to:

The arbortext.com domain was never supposed to be shut down completely --
some pages are still there -- but for some reason, the namespace pages were
lost and never restored. I logged a call about this with the IT department
before I left PTC -- it's disappointing that they haven't done anything
about it yet -- and to be on the safe side, I posted the files on
ptcuser.org. I'm hopeful that Arbortext people will keep these files
updated.

You can see the files available by going to the "Files" tab on ptcuser.org,
or you can go to this link:
http://portal.ptcuser.org/index.php?module=download
< &op=index.

PG

Hi Billy,

You can find the target of all the links in the XSL-FO extensions document
within that same document. I didn't realize when I posted it that all of
the links have an absolute reference to the document instead of just
relative references.

I just fixed the document and posted the corrected version. Please try
again.

Best regards,
PG

_____

Hi PG,

Thanks a lot!

I have download the new version. Links in summary do work well now. But those which act as references to detailed information still have an absolute path which is broken already. These are:

For a detailed specification, see Arbortext's XSL FO Change bar Extensions. (http://www.arbortext.com/namespace/XslFoExtensions/ati-xsl-fo-changebar-ext.html)

For a detailed specification, see Arbortext's XSL FO Float Extensions. (http://www.arbortext.com/namespace/XslFoExtensions/ati-xsl-fo-float-ext.html)

For a detailed specification, see Arbortext's XSL FO PDF Bookmark Extensions. (http://www.arbortext.com/namespace/XslFoExtensions/ati-xsl-fo-bookmark-ext.html)

For a detailed specification, see Arbortext's XSL FO Indexing Extensions. (http://www.arbortext.com/namespace/XslFoExtensions/ati-xsl-fo-index-ext.html)

Could do me a favor to post all of these refered documents?

Thanks again.

Best Regards,

Billy

Hi Billy,

You can find the target of all the links in the XSL-FO extensions document
within that same document. I didn't realize when I posted it that all of
the links have an absolute reference to the document instead of just
relative references.

I just fixed the document and posted the corrected version. Please try
again.

Best regards,
PG

_____

Sorry that I missed those, Billy.

I wish I could post the others, but since I left PTC/Arbortext, I no longer
have access to those files. Perhaps Paul Grosso (-) or Mike
Sundquist (-) could help you. Both of them are on
adepters, but I don't know how often they read the messages so you may want
to send a private email to them.

Best regards,
PG

_____

PG, et al,
Don't remember the call number or exact date, but within the last month or so I logged a trouble call re' the broken "arbortext.com" links in the help files with PTC Tech Support. They responded with a phone conference that resulted, if I remember the acronym correctly, in an SPR. The technician was able to use the links as they are, but then, he's 'inside' PTC. We verified that they didn't work for me while he was looking at them, so...
They're working it, but where it falls in their priority list is probably another matter.

Regards,
Steve Thompson
TAD Technical
Boeing-IDS Technical Publications
(316)977-0515
MC K83-21
"It's only broke if someone notices it." - Tresa Spencer

NOTICE: This communication may contain proprietary or other confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, or believe that you have received this communication in error, please do not print, copy, retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information. Also, please indicate to the sender that you have received this e-mail in error, and delete the copy you received. Any and all views expressed are the current understanding of the sender and should not be interpreted as an expression of official Boeing Company policy or position.

Les renseignements contenus dans ce message peuvent être confidentiels. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire visé ou une personne autorisée à lui remettre ce courriel, vous êtes par la présente avisé qu'il est strictement interdit d'utiliser, de copier ou de distribuer ce courriel, de dévoiler la teneur de ce message ou de prendre quelque mesure fondée sur l'information contenue. Vous êtes donc prié d'aviser immédiatement l'expéditeur de cette erreur et de détruire ce message sans garder de copie.

Hi Steve,

I also experience this issue as I work from a home office. If I connect to PTC VPN then the arbortext.com sites are available. I suspect it's a simple IP routing problem, so if you can find the call number for this I will try and escalate internally.

Cheers,
Gareth

What we need is a time machine.

Luckily for us, we live in the digital age, where there actually *is* one. 🙂 Until PTC get their web site straightened out, you can use the Internet Archive "Way Back Machine" (web.archive.org) to access these files. It works for most documents on the web, letting you see multiple past versions of web pages, even ones that are gone now (like these namespace pages). Truly an amazing service--three cheers for Mr. Peabody!

Anyway, to get the Arbortext namespace documents, use the following URL:

Hi guys,

Just picking up on this thread. I didn't ignore you but have been busy.

First, Steve I found your Call and SPR in the system and will see if I can follow that up.

Secondly, Brandon asked me for some technical on the DNS settings related to arbortext.com. Updates are:

1. For www.arbortext.com, the address resolves to 12.11.148.13 (webserver.arbortext.com) regardless of whether my VPN is connected or not. This should be the same at your end.

2. Some internal names (eg. intra.arbortext.com) do not resolve correctly unless I'm connected to VPN. This is to be expected.

3. The www.arbortext.com site always redirects to the following URL, regardless of whether my VPN is connected or not:

Another update. We are working on getting this documentation officially available once more. In the mean time I discovered a handy way of viewing the documentation as it once was...

Announcements