cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Arobortext Advanced Print publisher Enterprise UseCase

晓张-2
1-Newbie

Arobortext Advanced Print publisher Enterprise UseCase

I'm working with Arobortext Advanced Print publisher Enterprise, but i cannot get any information for what this server can do from the document download on PTC IT Support website. Who can help me, and give me a quickly guide to use this software. And also give me a sample job file, thanks a lot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

OK

APP Server is the same as desktop in most respects, you can use it for pagination or development and running of manual or automated templates.

APP Server allows you to additionally run Formatting to Print opperations 'unattended' so unlimited by pop up dialogues and without the interface, via command line so can be configured as a batch pagination engine in effect.

APP Enterprise and now APE allows you to take this one step further into job queue management, multiple pagination agent, etc etc...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello

APP Enterprise is a set of tools that work with APP Server at its core. If you are looking for general information there is a 'help' content that comes installed with APP-E (formerly called ACS or Advent PM).

There is also an old white paper I wrote 'many' years ago which will give you a little more background alternatively we do offer a full 1-2 day training course on APP Enterprise.

For APP-E customers on active maintenance you can now also migrate to Arbortext Publishing Engine should you wish to now APP-E is sunset.

Regards

Chris
tformat.com

Thank you, Chris. I made a mistake, i have a Arbortext APP Server license, i thought this  used for Enterprise version. Do you know what is the APP Server, what different from APP Server and APP Desktop

OK

APP Server is the same as desktop in most respects, you can use it for pagination or development and running of manual or automated templates.

APP Server allows you to additionally run Formatting to Print opperations 'unattended' so unlimited by pop up dialogues and without the interface, via command line so can be configured as a batch pagination engine in effect.

APP Enterprise and now APE allows you to take this one step further into job queue management, multiple pagination agent, etc etc...

Thanks for you help,chire

Top Tags