cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Attribute Test Dialog Box - not equal to test

bfriesen
16-Pearl

Attribute Test Dialog Box - not equal to test

Is there a way to test if something is not fr-FR. Styler only seems to have if it is equal to something.

Bryon

Attribute Test Dialog Box

Attribute Value - Choose the test type and the value of the attribute that you want to test, where applicable. The options are:
◦ Assigned any value (default)
◦ Not assigned a value
◦ Includes whole word - Select this option then specify an alphanumeric character string as the word the attribute value must include.
◦ Comparison - Select this option, choose an operator (=, <, >, <=, >=, or !=), then enter an alphanumeric character string in the text box for Arbortext Styler to compares with the matching attribute in a document. This text field will include a drop down list of values if the selected attribute has an enumerated set of values.
If one of the numeric operators <, <=, >, or >= is chosen, the attribute value and the value it is being compared with must both be numeric or the test will fail. The values will be compared after being converted to numbers. For example, “09” would be considered greater than “2”.
If the attribute value and the value being compared are both numeric, use = and != operators to carry out a numeric comparison. As an example, this will ensure that the value “01” is considered equal to “1” or “1”
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

!= means not equal. This works for me.

bfriesen_0-1670943944756.png

Thanks 

Bryon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I am trying to create a test for the tm element. If its not French use TM if it is French use MC instead.

Bryon

!= means not equal. This works for me.

bfriesen_0-1670943944756.png

Thanks 

Bryon

Top Tags