cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Auxiliary Isometric views in CADprocess ?

ChrisChase
1-Newbie

Auxiliary Isometric views in CADprocess ?

There seem to be only two standard isometric views available - one looking down (TFR), and one looking up (BFR). There are also buttons for a number of off-angle trimetric views, but none of the other standard iso views. Do they exist somewhere? If not, there has got to be a way to define and save new ones (i.e. rotating the view in 90° increments about the vertical axis), right?
8 REPLIES 8

"Chris Chase" wrote:

There seem to be only two standard isometric views available - one looking down (TFR), and one looking up (BFR). There are also buttons for a number of off-angle trimetric views, but none of the other standard iso views. Do they exist somewhere? If not, there has got to be a way to define and save new ones (i.e. rotating the view in 90° increments about the vertical axis), right?

Thanks for the tip Allen. I didn't know you could set up views that way. However this seems to be a way to set up more 'off angle' views only. It still doesn't let me set up the 4 standard isometric views. I just would like to take the existing iso view (under Window>Projection>'Isometric View Top'), and spin around the vertical axis in 90° increments to get the other 3 views. I am completely baffled as to why those wouldn't already be set up as standard views (as they are with every other 3D software that I have used).

"Chris Chase" wrote:

Thanks for the tip Allen. I didn't know you could set up views that way. However this seems to be a way to set up more 'off angle' views only. It still doesn't let me set up the 4 standard isometric views. I just would like to take the existing iso view (under Window>Projection>'Isometric View Top'), and spin around the vertical axis in 90° increments to get the other 3 views. I am completely baffled as to why those wouldn't already be set up as standard views (as they are with every other 3D software that I have used).

Yes, that is how to physically rotate all of the parts about the Y axis - I just want to rotate the view around the parts (without actually manipulating the parts) and save it as another view that can be called up whenever needed (by clicking on a button or something), just like the two existing isometric views are.

"Chris Chase" wrote:

Yes, that is how to physically rotate all of the parts about the Y axis - I just want to rotate the view around the parts (without actually manipulating the parts) and save it as another view that can be called up whenever needed (by clicking on a button or something), just like the two existing isometric views are.

If I'm following correctly, you should be able to do this in a macro. You can then add a custom toolbar button to allow you to call it as needed. I'd recommend posting your requirements in the macro-specific forum and see if you can get a resolution there.

I can't say that I am 100% clear on what you are after but have you tried the mirror command once in the TFR or BFR view for CADprocess? As Allen said I haven't found a way to define a custom view that can be added to the drop down.

I'd recommend searching the macro section of the help documentation for IsoDraw and see if "3D Transform" would suit your needs. You could then use this to set up a basic macro available through the macro drop down and then add a button to the 3D toolbar for easier use.
Top Tags