cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Background color for Table header

ptc-1314704
1-Newbie

Background color for Table header

Hi,

We are using CALS TABLE. We would like to have pre-defined background color (let us say,gray) for our Table header in the PDF output. We have not found any way in the FOSI for this purpose. We don't want to useProcessing Instructions (PI) for this purpose. Reason behind not using PI is that PI can be inserted only in the new or updated documents, but not in the existing documents.

When existing documents are convertedto PDF, Table header should have background color. Please let us know if there is any way to have background color for Table header without using PIs. If needed, we can call ACL function inside the FOSI, if there is some solution in the ACL.

Best Regards,

Girish Kumar

3 REPLIES 3

Girish,
Please see help 15007 in the Editor help for more info (I did a simple search for 'highlight', finding "Highlighting text using color").

The FOSI tag you want is <highlt>, which has a 'bckclr' attribute which will set the background color of the element to which you apply it.

HTH,
Steve Thompson
+1(316)977-0515

I thought that setting the bckclr attribute in a table cell e-i-c only affects the content (text) of the cell. I don't think that it affects the entire cell from border to border, as opposed to the PI, which does.

I think it might be easier to talk your clients into letting you "bootstrap" all existing documents by putting in the PIs, and then, if necessary, figuring out an interface or a behind-the-scenes way of putting in the PIs for new and updated documents.
If they know that no actual content is being added, changed or deleted, they might go for the "bootstrap" approach.
Announcements

Top Tags