cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Publishing Arbortext Editor

Re: Batch Publishing Arbortext Editor

Are you still getting Java errors? Or some Arbortext exceptions? Or PDFs just don't get generated?

What Arbortext version are you on? Can you share a sample .xml + .xsl?

 

Getting some more info from your side would help, otherwise it's pretty much groping, not searching for the right answer.

Re: Batch Publishing Arbortext Editor

REM publish files in directory

for %%i in (C:\Users\123\Desktop\oldPDFname\*.xml) do (

"C:\Program Files\PTC\Arbortext Editor\bin\x64\editor.exe" -c "print composed printer='Microsoft Print to PDF' file='%%i.pdf'" %%i -stylesheet '\\hsv-ptc\IETMS\doctypes\40051C_3_29\xslfo-main-v1_9.xsl' -styler

)

With this, nothing gets generated---no Java Error logs, no PDFs.

 

If I leave off ‘-styler’, I'll get an Error that the xslfo-main-v1_9.xsl is not a valid Arbortext Editor stylesheet and a log file is created for Java Runtime Environment Exception_access_violation with each instance. No PDFs.

 

If I change xslfo-main-v1_9.xsl to 40051C_3_29.fos and leave off '-styler', there’s an alert that the .xml is in use by another application, open as read only, and a Java Runtime Environment Exception_access_violation log is created for each instance. No PDFs.

 

If I keep ‘-styler’ with the .fos, no errors, no logs and no PDFs are created.

 

I’ve attached an example .xml and PDF that was published in arbortext using xslfo-main-v1_9.xsl stylesheet and standard.pdf config file.

 

Highlighted

Re: Batch Publishing Arbortext Editor

This is Arbortext Editor 6.0

Re: Batch Publishing Arbortext Editor

I don't have much experience doing such kind of things (normally people do it with Arbortext Publishing Engine) so I was going to try to reproduce the issue on my side, but without .xsl or .fos I'm not able to do it.

 

Other than that it's hard to give any advice / suggest solutions on such kind of issues and without having hands-on experience.

Re: Batch Publishing Arbortext Editor

To test on a single file to see if it will publish using command line, I tried the following .acl.

(If I use File>Publish>PDF File the stylesheet is tied to a publishing engine and specific xslfo-main-v1_9.xsl and standard.pdfcf.)

Whenever I implement the following, it says params["stylesheet"] is missing argument [A11320]. Are there other local parameters I need to include in the .acl?

 

function test_cfg::test2() {
 local params[];
 params["outputfFile"] = 'C:\Users\x\Desktop\oldPDFname\m02133.pdf'; 
 params["stylesheet"]=
 '\\Program Files\PTC\custom\custom\doctypes\40051C_3_29\xslfo-main-v1_9.xsl';
 local rc = compose::compose_for_pdf(current_doc(), params);
 return rc;
}

Re: Batch Publishing Arbortext Editor

If that is literally the code you're using then obviously '\\Program Files\...' is wrong. C:\Program Files\ is the usual path. A double backslash tries to resolve a UNC path name. I also don't know if backslash is an escape character, why not try something like response(params["stylesheet"]) and response(params["outputFile"]) to ensure the correct values are being used.