cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Callouts

ptc-3105154
1-Newbie

Callouts

Am trying to rotate an illustration in Isodraw with callouts so that I can import to Arbortext Editor.The problem is that although the illustraion is easily rotated the callout numbers remain the same. I could save the illustration in another format but then I will lose the intelligence in the callouts.

5 REPLIES 5

Louise

Are you working with 3D or 2D objects? Can you provide a video or screenshot illustrating the issue?

rotated.jpgunrotated.jpg

Thank you for your quick response! I am working with 2D objects. Please find attached as 2 JPs (if that is ok). As you can see the callouts remain the same when the illustration is rotated. The problem is that I want to insert this into Arbotext as shown in “rails un-rotated” but with the callouts written in the right direction. I want to avoid change the style sheet in Abortext Editor. The first image is rotated.

Best regards,

Louise Walker

Louise

I don't think I understand the issue. How do you want callouts to change?

Hi Dmitry,

Please find enlosed a PDF which ihope explains the problem a little better.

Best regards,

Louise Walker

Louise

Ah, you just need the callout text to be rotated 90 deg.? Not sure it's possible in IsoDraw.

Moreover, I don't think it's a good idea to try to have the illustration stored in "rotated" orientation as you're trying to do - methodologically I'd say it's preferred to store it in "non-rotated" orientation and rotate it "on demand" during publishing. If today you only need to publish publishing to Print/PDF, having the illustration stored "pre-rotated" could seem to be OK, but if tomorrow you'd need to publish the same illustrated catalog to another format, say, HTML, you'd still need to find a way to rotate the image during the publishing (I'm not considering the option to have 2 copies - "rotated" and "non-rotated" of the same image).

Also, looking at the pdf you attached, I have another though - are your customers OK with reading such rotated graphics on the next page to the non-rotated page with list of parts? Have you considered changing the page layout (have smaller illustration but "horizontally" oriented or printing illustration on A3)?

Top Tags