cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Can Arbortext XML Editor 7.0 standalone transform XML to PDFs

anaqvi
1-Newbie

Can Arbortext XML Editor 7.0 standalone transform XML to PDFs

Hi,

I have an important question. My client is currently using Arbortext XML editor 5.3 that is integrated with a CMS and CMS is doing the transformation from XML to PDFs. And Arbortext is only used for XML editing.

I need to do the same thing but my company don't want that CMS but with existing XML files and DTDs and Style sheet (FOSI)

Is Arbortext 7.0 standalone capable of transforming XML to PDFs? I had a discussion with a sales person from PTC he said you can do with Styler.

I want to sure that it should fulfills our requirements before acquiring the licence. Wanted to test with trial version but not getting the trial license.

Anybody confirm whether is possible in Arbortext 7.0?

6 REPLIES 6

You will need to purchase a publishing solution also, we use print composer. Styler has the publish option built in.

Bryon

Arbortext Editor 7.0 will not do print publishing. Arbortext Styler or Arbortext Publishing Engine will do that (Print Composer is now discontinued). There is a registered-user, subscription-only, version of Arbortext Publishing Engine that will allow you to publish via FOSI, and should be relatively affordable.

lhorison
4-Participant
(To:GarethOakes)

We have Arbortext 7.0.  When we print, (using a styler with 40051e5.0 screen fosi "c" drive//...DTD 40051c_c_6_0 FOS on the end) our headers are doubled and our .SVG graphics shrink (to about 2"x2").  In addition, we have no page numbers and our callouts get changed to all read "Figure 0, Item 1".  Any sugggestions?  

lhorison
4-Participant
(To:GarethOakes)

Do you have to purchase something else because we are using styler? We are a stand alone system.

Gareth is correct that print composer is discontinued with version 7.0 but it is still in Styler. I know I just composed a job with a FOSI. So if you have limited publishing to do a copy of Styler would work ok. You can also use Styler through the APP engine with it. I am not sure how the composer is packaged so check with your PTC salesman. I have a server based licensee for composer, so you can download composer with your 7.0 Arbortext and then run it on Arbortext. Again check with PTC for current pricing programs.

Hi Ray, thanks for the clarification. By "discontinued", I meant, "no longer for sale". I hope all is well with yourself!

Top Tags