cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Can new ISO file thumbnails feature be used stand alone?

TimSharp
6-Contributor

Can new ISO file thumbnails feature be used stand alone?

Can this new excellent feature be installed on any computer so that people on our network can view thumbnails of our Isodraw drawings? Currently our authors use IrfanView with a CGM filter to view thumbnails of drawings but it is so slow. The new feature is much quicker and thumbnails original drawings.
3 REPLIES 3

Hi Tim, yes, the IsoDraw thumbnail preview for windows explorer can be used stand alone. I do not have a setup handy right now, but the setup should be able to install that tool only. At least you can open the CD and pick it manually from the file system. It displays the IsoDraw previews which must be embedded in the IsoDraw files (the same ones you see in the file open dialog). CGM won't be displayed because this format does not have a preview. This would explain the slow performance of IrfanView since each preview for a CGM must be rendered from the content though. That takes time. I am glad to hear that you like the IsoDraw thumbnail preview tool. regards, Christian

That's excellent. We'll now just use Tweak UI to change the size of the thumbnails and this will be very useful to all our authors. Thanks for the information about the preview and why CGM's take a long time to load. It would help us to know what size the previews are in Isodraw so we don't try to make the thumbnails display too big and pixellate.

Tim, the size of the IsoDraw previews can seen in the preferences of IsoDraw. With having the thumbnailer it makes sense to increase the settings and set the color up, but bare in mind that this increases the file size. I played a bit with it and I must say that the color preview looks quite nice. regards, Christian
Top Tags