cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Can't save Arbortext ditamaps, DITA and XML files to SharePoint

rjohnson-6
1-Newbie

Can't save Arbortext ditamaps, DITA and XML files to SharePoint

I work for a company that has recently started using Arbortext and I'm new to XML/DITA myself. The company doesn't have a CMS (Windchill or otherwise) so right now we are working from a standard Windows file system. The company is rolling out SharePoint, which I've used before with Office apps. Although it isn't as powerful as a CMS, using SharePoint would allow us to manage files for re-use more effectively than with the standard Windows file system. I need to be able to open, edit and save ditamaps and topics in SharePoint. I can create ditamaps and topics to SharePoint, and I can re-open them, but when I try to save a modified file I get an error message saying that SharePoint can't create the necessary temporary files. Has anyone run into this, and do you have a solution? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Ron--

Try turning the "saverenames" option to "off" and see if that helps. That will tell Arbortext to simply save over the existing file, instead of saving to a temp file, removing the original, and then renaming the temp file. If this works, and you want to ensure that this setting applies to all your users, you can add the following line to your init.acl file:

set saverenames=off;

--Clay

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I don't have any experience linking to SharePoint (yet) however I would try the following:

1. If you have the SharePoint address, you should be able to go in Tools->Preferences and select the "File Locations" link in the left frame.
  2. Enter the SharePoint address into the Browser box. IF any browser address exists, then add your SharePoint address to the Browser.

NOTE

Do not delete any current Browser entries, only add your Browser location.

Thanks, Michael. I should have mentioned that I already tried that. It doesn't seem to make any difference but I left the address in the browser anyway.

Hi Ron--

Try turning the "saverenames" option to "off" and see if that helps. That will tell Arbortext to simply save over the existing file, instead of saving to a temp file, removing the original, and then renaming the temp file. If this works, and you want to ensure that this setting applies to all your users, you can add the following line to your init.acl file:

set saverenames=off;

--Clay

Thanks for the suggestion, Clay. I tried and it may have worked. Initially I get an error message saying: [A11972] Document not saved. But if I click OK and then try to save again it appears to save to SharePoint. And if I close Arbortext and reopen the doc from SharePoint it appears to have saved correctly.

I probably need to do further testing to be sure everything works correctly...

Top Tags