cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Change number of columns on specific element in 2-columned layout

dthursfield
1-Newbie

Change number of columns on specific element in 2-columned layout

Hi everyone,

I know there is a way to change the number of columns on a specific element. Problem is, that there (imao) are not enough options to specify the way columns should layout.

Now what I am trying to do is to change the number of columns in a 2-columned layout to 3 columns on e.g. element ul, where one of the original 2 columns should split into 2 columns, whereas the other shouldn´t change.

So the ratio should be 25%, 25%, 50%.

Anyone ever did something like that successfully?

Hoping for some help

Daniel Thursfield

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Following is a statement of PTC:

Dear Daniel,

I checked with our FOSI expert and this level of manipulation of the columns is not possible via FOSI.

Kind Regards,

Alexia - Senior Technical Support Engineer

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Last time I was messing with this stuff in Styler I don't think Styler would let you have unequal column widths. The underlying FOSI print engine used to have limitations in that area too, not sure if they still apply. If you use the APP engine I know for sure you can have unequal columns but you may need to look into an "edited source" solution for your unequal columns.

Something else to explore, depending on what you're trying to do, might be custom tables. If your markup is the right shape then you might be able to map the tagging as some sort of table with rows, cells, etc.

What you wrote is just about my experience.

Unfortunately we chose to use the FOSI-engine and won´t change that in nearer future.

I thought about custom tables, too. But there are several problems with that as well, which would be a bit off-topic.

Thank you for your quick reply anyway, I think I will write a ticket to PTC then.

Greetings

Daniel

Following is a statement of PTC:

Dear Daniel,

I checked with our FOSI expert and this level of manipulation of the columns is not possible via FOSI.

Kind Regards,

Alexia - Senior Technical Support Engineer

Top Tags