cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Chinese Fonts and Arbortext Styler

anne.bovard
1-Newbie

Chinese Fonts and Arbortext Styler

Hi All,

I'm having difficulty configuring the proper font sets for Traditional and Simplified Chinese in a FOSI-based Styler stylesheet.

We've had success with both Japanese and Korean, but seem to be stuck with Chinese. In both Chinese variations, the formatter kicks out errors indicating the system is searching for our characters in the Japanese font set. From what I understand of how the system moves through font substitutions of the tfontsub configuration file, it seems that the system does not recognize any font that I set for chs or cht, rolls to the first font in the windowsonly fonts (Japanese), and then finally tries the default font, Arial.

I'm suspicious that the publishing pipeline doesn't recognize that we're dealing with Chinese content. Is there any way to check this?

I appreciate any insight or troubleshooting tips.

Thank you,
Anne

**Please note that I also posted on PlanetPTC**

2 REPLIES 2

The last I heard, Arbortext 6.0 M040 was due out around "the end of March". Has anyone heard any more precise estimates, rumors, hints, innuendos?

The PTC Maintenance Minute had something about it, I've forwarded you
the newsletter.

Top Tags