cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Cover Page and Index

Sriram_Rammohan
1-Newbie

Cover Page and Index

Dear Users,

I am new to Arbortext , can you share info on setting up Cover Page and Index page using the styler menu.

Regards

RSR

6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

Creating a cover page is not necessarily an automated action. You need to setup page sets, types, and regions to create and assign the cover page to a location in the output. Cover pages can range from very simple to complex.

Was there something specific you were looking for?

-Jeff

Can you share any example file . Because I saw a documenttype called "CoverPage" available under File->New menu.

Not sure to know whether we need to create from File menu or fom page set. pls advise

BRg,

RSR

The "Coverpage" you see is part of the Technical Information Application. This is a specialization of DITA that is packaged with Arbortext. If you are using Techinfo as your document type, you can certainly use coverpage to author the coverpage content. Then you will need an Arbortext stylesheet to render the coverpage to your output.

Techinfo comes with an out-of-the-box sample stylesheet that you can explore. I would suspect that you would need to build a stylesheet per your company's branding standards. But if Techinfo is not your document type, then coverpage won't be of much use to you.

It sounds like you might be a bit new to Arbortext. There are a number of training courses on PTC's site and help files to get you started. Or there are service partners who can guide you through the process.

I actually edited the existing one. I  used SMA DITA, tweaked it to create as desired.

TimPhelps
7-Bedrock
(To:dm-3)

Can you detail your tweak, so others who have the same question may know what to do?

The cover page contents like text, graphics are controlled by couple of layers. The location is handled using a table inside layer.

I edit the layers and other contents inside the table as desired.

Top Tags