cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Creo Illustrate figures list not displaying images

tmenadue
7-Bedrock

Creo Illustrate figures list not displaying images

We have an issue with the Figures list not showing the thumbnail images for one particular user. None of our other users have this problem. Could there be a setting somewhere that is flipped, or a bug? If he opens a .c3di created by someone else, he will get a temporary glimpse of the images, but then they disappear as soon as he starts working. You can imagine the frustration of determining the image you need when you have to click through them all the time. Version 3.1 M010 build 27.

Thanks guys for any input.

2016-12-09 09_39_52-553801.c3di - PTC Creo Illustrate.jpg

19 REPLIES 19

Did you ever get an answer to this issue?   We have a user with the same problem, but in Creo Illustrate 3.0.

So far we have tried the following:

- update video driver

- uninstall Illustrate and re-install

Still not fixed

We have not found a solution yet either.

We recently upgraded to Windows 10, and thus re-installed Illustrate 3.1. So far, all of the images are displaying correctly for each user. I'll be monitoring this to make sure if they change their libraries etc, how that might affect the display. I know that upgrading may not be an option for others, but it seems to have fixed it on our end.

Thank you for sharing that. I don't think upgrading is an option right now for us, but that is good to know. And yes, please keep us updated.

Creo Illustrate 3.1

I have had a similar issue a few times. It happened yesterday again.

I've have the issue in the photo above, and also another where a figure will display an image, but when clicked on, it changes shows another image.

I've experimented to see if I could find what causes it, by creating many images and deleting some, saving and reopening multiple time, but could not recreate it.

Anyone learned what causes it yet?

byork
17-Peridot
(To:tmenadue)

You can try to delete your user_prefs.xml from your c:\user\(your username)\AppData\Roaming\ptc\Illustrate folder.  I think that will bring them back if I remember correct.  Just not doing that removes any preferences you may have set in illustrate.

jcrossley
3-Visitor
(To:byork)

Thanks for the suggestion Brian. Unfortunately in the user_prefs.xml, I have some custom colors set, and also some paths to a shared symbols tools library. I may give that a try though if need be. Revising the .xml could be easier than redoing the figures!!!!!!

jcrossley
3-Visitor

I just lost images again. I tried deleting the user_prefs.xml, but that did not do the trick. I was hoping it would. Very frustrating.

byork
17-Peridot
(To:jcrossley)

What version of Illustrate are you using?

byork
17-Peridot

You could also try to rename the whole illustrate folder.  ( c:\user\(your username)\AppData\Roaming\ptc\Illustrate)  That may work as well.

jcrossley
3-Visitor

Gave that a shot, but still have the same issue. Thanks for the suggestion. It was worth a try.

jcrossley
3-Visitor

3.1 M010 build 27

nordlig
4-Participant
(To:tmenadue)

I have the same issue with 3.1 M010 build 27 EN. Strange

Please openi a new Case for this issue: https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/case/case_logger.jsp

Access is denied to me.

Pic_1.png

Interesting... Here is a screen shot.

case-13623769.JPG

Thank you, we will wait for feedback.

I received some feedback from PTC...Below is what is needed for them to investigate. My system does not actually crash when I notice my figures have disappeared. I usually notice my figures are messed up after opening the file on any given day. If anyone is able to pull this off, it might help PTC correct what is happening.

ptc_feedback.JPG

Top Tags