cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Custom content pipeline (.ccf) not running in Arbortext Publishing Engine

harora
2-Guest

Custom content pipeline (.ccf) not running in Arbortext Publishing Engine

I have created a custom content pipeline for htmlfile.ccf, i have added a filter in that. i have also added the corresponding .ent for the custom filter which call the filter class implemented in java. The new filter/content pipeline is working fine in Arbortext editor but not in Arbortext Publishing Engine. I really need to solve this problem. I hope someone here will be able to answer my question.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

One of the suggestions I got from a colleague is that if the .ccf file has been moved on the PE server and then the server should be rebooted.

Another is to make sure the loadpath and catalogpath is correct to look at any custom paths before the installed versions of the files.

Also checking that you are using the APTCUSTOM is set, or that you are using the default custom directory in the PE install tree, either way should work.

Those are some current ideas. If that is not working, may I suggest a call to PTC's Technical Services and pursuing it that way.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

While figuring out the reason why my custom htmlfile.ccf is running fine in Arbortext Editor but not when publishing through Publishing Engine, i found that PE is not even using the contents of htmlfile.ccf. The conclusion i made from following observation:

1. I removed the default htmlfile.ccf that is in composer folder to make sure, Arbortext uses the one in custom folder. The problem remain same, which means my custom htmlfile.ccf was being picked up earlier also.

2. Now there is only one htmlfile.ccf in the whole directory. I removed that one also and now while html composition i got error in both Editor and PE that no htmlfile.ccf found

3. After that i passed a blank file with name of htmlfile.ccf. With this blank file the Arbortext Editor gave me a FATAL ERROR and composition stops. However, the PE doesn't give any error and it succefully converted to html. This seems that Publishing Engine not using the contents in the htmlfile.ccf and therefore, the my custom htmlfile.ccf will be of no use and i cannot modify the html composition.

I am not very much experienced with customizing the arbortext, if i am thinking in the wrong direction, then i would appreciate if anyone here can help me. Otherwise i will report it as a bug 

I believe you will need to install the .ccf file on the PE Server in order for it to use your custom .ccf file there. You are getting correct results locally because the .ccf file can be found locally.

I am using the "compose_for_htmlfile" acl command to Publish to HTML File for both editor and e3. Moreover, i have tried composing through Publishing Engine Interactive and the custom htmlfile.ccf runs when not using Publishing Engine. The custom htmlfile.ccf and all it's parameters are also listed in the Publishing Engine Configuration document. I think this means that htmlfile.ccf is install at the PE Server.

One of the suggestions I got from a colleague is that if the .ccf file has been moved on the PE server and then the server should be rebooted.

Another is to make sure the loadpath and catalogpath is correct to look at any custom paths before the installed versions of the files.

Also checking that you are using the APTCUSTOM is set, or that you are using the default custom directory in the PE install tree, either way should work.

Those are some current ideas. If that is not working, may I suggest a call to PTC's Technical Services and pursuing it that way.

Thanks.

Did the suggestions provided assist you with getting PE pointed to the correct .ccf file or getting the .ccf file placed in the proper location on the PE server?

If so, then could you indicate the correct answer, so that those in the community referencing this conversations knows how to get their use of a ccf file working on a PE server?

Yes, suggestion to restart the server each time when ever there is any modification in the arbortext installation directory helped me to move ahead. However, the problem with my custom content pipeline persists. I will contact Technical Services if i could not find a solution to it.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Top Tags