cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Customize IsoDraw?

JB99
1-Newbie

Customize IsoDraw?

Hi Gang,

I was curious if it is possible to customize portions of Isodraw? I would like to change some of the file menus, for example in text I would like to add the selection for "8pt" as a standard selection. This way I do not have to select other and then input 8 to that dialog box.

Is there a way to customize these menus? Are there any manuals available for the customization of IsoDraw? It really would make this software much more productive if things could be adjusted to meet the needs of each user.

Thanks for any help,

Keith

3 REPLIES 3
thendricks
3-Visitor
(To:JB99)

There isn't a lot of documentation in the manuals other than, I believe, to see the preference file.

To do what you are asking, look for the following file. If you haven't done anything with it the file should be in the following path at the install directory: \isodraw\Program\Preferences. As a bonus item, if you are customizing this, you can also locate the file in the following path:C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application Data\PTC\IsoDraw\Preferences.

IsoDraw Preferences.prf for version 7.0

IsoDraw 7.1 Preferences.prf for version 7.1

This is a text based file. Just open it with a text editor (I prefer jEdit). Each section has an explanation of the line. In this, you'll see you can control the fonts, lines, etcetera from this file.

Thanks Trevor! That looks like something I will be able to use. I guess my background coming from Autodesk (AutoCAD) products and the emphasis on being able to customize the program I was hoping for more. This along with learning more about the macro language I should be able to start making the program a bit more automated.

Thanks again,

Keith

thendricks
3-Visitor
(To:JB99)

Second set of bonus info. In the same folder you will find a file named ToolbarPreferences.prf (same for both 7.0 and 7.1). This file is also text based, but I find it easier to modify the toolbar layout in IsoDraw and then just use the prf file to distribute the changes.

Top Tags