cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Customize graphics name in Compose for Web

ralonso
1-Newbie

Customize graphics name in Compose for Web

Hi All,

I am creating an illustrations Catalog in my enterprise from XML docs to HTML, with the Compose For Web tool. All the process runs ok, but my problem is when the program download the images from Windchill PDM and save them in a local folder, it saves them with a random name distinct from original.

I would like customize this process and keep the same names in the local folder. I need to know where the Arbortext Editor makes it!!

I put you an example:

My original image have the name IL025368.cgm, and when I run the program, it saves it in my folder with the name xwc4345242677753719289X3938.png .  All the images downloaded have the same format, they begins with "xwc" and have the "X" char in the same position that this one. All the numbers are generated randomly.

Could somebody help me? I have this problem many time ago and I need already solve it!!

Thank you very much,

Raúl Alonso

1 REPLY 1

When graphic files are uploaded to Windchill, they are given unique names by Windchill.

Does anyone know how to capture the mapping of the graphic names to the unique names in Windchill?

Top Tags