cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Deep Content Splitting Problems

t_ngo
1-Newbie

Deep Content Splitting Problems

I have a table with cells that have a lot of data in it. When the doc is published/previewed some of the cells data runs into the footer, and got lost when printed or composed to pdf. Is there a work around to fix this problem? I have read the Help file about the problems of deep content splitting. I have tried everything, and still could not get the data to publish correctly on a page. I am hoping that the Arbotext developers resolve this issue in future release as this problem was inherited since day 1. Any suggestions or recommendation to resolve the issue that I have is greatly appreciated. Tuyen -
3 REPLIES 3
lfraley
6-Contributor
(To:t_ngo)

This is known as the "deep rows" problem. It was known in early versions of Arbortext but was fixed some time ago IIRC. Can you give us some more information?
Which version are you running? What are you publishing with (PE, Print Composer, Styler, etc)? What error message are you getting? Are you using FOSI, .style, xslfo ?
Have you tried submitting this question to adepters?
t_ngo
1-Newbie
(To:lfraley)

Sorry for the late response. The problem still exists in current version of EPIC v5.4 M080. However, it just doing a better job, but didn't completely fixed the problem.

Arbortext Epic Editor: v5.4 M080

Style Sheet: FOSI

Publishing Egine: Print Composer

License Type: Fixed

The problem was reported multiple times to Arbortext Support, but was told that the table row/col issue, that I am having, is limited by the amount of data that the publishing engine can handle. It was recommended to leave the adaptable variable value: deepcontentsplitting to off

No I have not submitted this questions to adepters. I don't know what that is, sorry.

Thanks again for the response.

T

Adepters recently had a discussion about this. I believe it was tied to eliminating the <thead> from the table.

Adepters is an email discussion/forum group. Check out http://www.adepters.org/index.php?title=Main_Page for more information.

Top Tags