cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Default Graphic processor used by Arbortext Editor

ptc-931147
2-Guest

Default Graphic processor used by Arbortext Editor

Hi,

which default graphic processor is used by the editor to display graphics of any format. For example the docbook applicatoin allows different types of graphic formats. I wonder which tool is used to display them in the editor

Thanks for help.

BR, Pia

6 REPLIES 6

Not sure if that's what you're looking for, but for non-raster formats either CreoView or IsoDraw is used.

You can check the `isoviewfileformats` and `creoviewfileformats` in Advanced Preferences

DmitryTsarev_0-1679664188582.png

Thanks, Dmitry, we will check this. This setting I have always overlooked, how embarrassing...
My reason for the question: some of your users (with the same local installation of Arbortext and IsoView) have problems with cmg-display in the editor:

- At some editors the cgm are just not shown at all, even if graphic display is set to on.

- At one editor the Arbortext Editor programm crashes at the moment when we scroll down and a cgm will come into the view.

Not sure of the reason for the question, as Dmitry said the only special tool in use is for vector graphics. Raster graphics are handled by standard libraries such as libpng, from what I know.

Thanks, Gareth, 
My reason for the question: some of your users (with the same local installation of Arbortext and IsoView) have problems with cmg-display in the editor:

- At some editors the cgm are just not shown at all, even if graphic display is set to on.

- At one editor teh Arbortext Editor programm crashes at the moment when we scroll down and a cgm will come into the view.

Ah yes, CGM is a special format as there are only a few viewers available for it. Arbortext used to use Larson but since the Isodraw acquisition has switched to Isoview. If Isoview is causing CGM issues in Arbortext then I think that would need a support ticket to address.

We have had the same issue in the past with CGM's not showing up in editor. We have found that it is best to install editor first, then Isodraw.

Bryon

Top Tags