cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Deleting/Cutting all content except the outermost (parent) tags also removes those outermost tags

dyerme
3-Visitor

Deleting/Cutting all content except the outermost (parent) tags also removes those outermost tags

Hi. For reasons I won't bore you with, we have a requirement to always leave outermost (i.e., root element) tags in the content even when the user wants to remove all content from a document. Long ago we implemented callback functions for Cut, Copy, and Delete, which would deselect the outermost tags before the action took place; this of course is in the use case where the user selects the entire document (e.g., CTRL+A). Recently, perhaps with our introduction of v7.1 to our project (just a guess, given the timing), this no longer works as it did for years. Now, when the user Selects All and performs a cut or delete, our callback function still performs as intended, meaning it moves the selection to everything inside the root elements; however, when the cut/delete actually happens, the user is left with an empty document (i.e., the root elements are also removed, even though they're unselected). Due to the requirements of our authoring project, this is a potential disaster; the outermost tags can never be changed once the document is created (they dictate behavior specific to the type of document).

Anyone have any words of wisdom as to what may have changed, or what I'm missing?

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags