cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Do PDF named destinations only work with Arbortext Publishing Engine ?

aleslie
1-Newbie

Do PDF named destinations only work with Arbortext Publishing Engine ?

Is it true that in order to link to a PDF named destination, you need Arbortext Publishing Engine ?
ie: If I want toset up an external link to a named destination in the target PDF this can only be achievedwhen composing to PDF via the Publishing Engine ? (and not simply via Adobe Acrobat)

Regards,

Andy

5 REPLIES 5

From the Arbortext documentation:

Note
Linking to a page number or named destination only works for composing directly to PDF using Arbortext Publishing Engine. Page links and named destinations are not supported for Adobe Acrobat Distiller.

Dave Hintz
Siemens

By the way, you can compose directly to PDF if you have an Arbortext Styler license.

Also by the way, the PDF output from direct PDF is different that the PDF produced by Acrobat distiller. You may or may not be able to live with the differences.

-Andy
[cid:image002.jpg@01CBB0B9.525DFA00]Andy Esslinger LM Aero Tech Order Data
(817) 279-0442 1 Lockheed Blvd. MZ 4285
(817) 777-3047 Fort Worth TX 76108

> Also by the way, the PDF output from direct PDF is different that the PDF
> produced by Acrobat distiller. You may or may not be able to live with
> the differences.
>
> -Andy
> [cid:image002.jpg@01CBB0B9.525DFA00]Andy Esslinger LM Aero Tech Order
> Data
> (817) 279-0442 1 Lockheed Blvd. MZ 4285
> (817) 777-3047 Fort Worth TX 76108

Interesting, do you have some examples of differences that might cause a
problem?

..dan

No,

I tried it a couple of years ago and the page fidelity, bookmarks, hyperlinks were just different or missing. I do not remember many specifics. The title page suddenly wanted to overflow for almost every document and some of the keeps stopped working. I thought that most of the differences could have been fixed in my FOSI but I didn't see any ROI for spending the time doing so.

-Andy

\ / Andy Esslinger LM Aero Tech Order Data
_____-/\-_____ (817) 279-0442 1 Lockheed Blvd, MZ 4285
\_\/_/ (817) 777-3047 Fort Worth, TX 76108
Top Tags