cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Does Editor support to insert avi or mp4 format video?

XuDing
5-Regular Member

Does Editor support to insert avi or mp4 format video?

If so, how to create it?

4 REPLIES 4
LisaChandler
4-Participant
(To:XuDing)

I would love to know about this too.  Currently we are able to insert 2 types of links using Arbortext Editor - a hyperlink that jumps to a spot within the current document and a web/html page link that opens a web page.

We would also like to be able to insert a link that directly opens a file - specifically a video file format.  

This is possible using Adobe Acrobat DC, but doesn't appear to be supported (yet) with the Arbortext setup we have.

amar_karthi
12-Amethyst

This is quite possible with the below steps:

1. Place the cursor within the document where you would like to insert a multimedia element. The multimedia tag can be inserted in the <stepgroup> and <content> tags
  2. Then press the "Enter" key to display the list of tags authorized at that location in the document.
  3. Click on the multimedia tag in the list. A small window opens. In this window:
  •        Click the "Audio" button to insert audio
  •        Click the "Video" button to insert video
  •        Click the "All" button to insert either audio or video

- Amar Karthi

Hi Amar,

Thanks for your reply.

I am using PTC Arbortext Editor Release 7.0, Datecode: M020

I do not appear to have the 'multimedia', 'content', or 'stepgroup' elements!  Maybe that is something created just for your project?  or included in a different release of Editor?

What version do you use?

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Related topic: https://community.ptc.com/t5/Arbortext/Arbortext-Editor-Object-Insert/td-p/552999 

And article - "How to load and display Microsoft Word/Excel and Videos etc types of documents in PTC Arbortext Content Delivery (formerly Servigistics InService) 6.4 F000-CPS08": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS272638

Top Tags