cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Drag and Drop issues in Arbortext 7

rmcgarvey
1-Newbie

Drag and Drop issues in Arbortext 7

Hello everyone,

Have you seen any issues with Drag and Drop in Arbortext Editor 7?  We're seeing behavior where selected text jumps to the middle of the screen when trying to drag it to a new location.  This is most obvious in tables, but also occurs with other tags.  I haven't found any sort of advanced preference that would control something like this.  Deleting the preferences file does not help.

This issue is particularly noticeable when selecting text towards the bottom of the Arbortext window and trying to drag it to the top part of the window, especially when a table takes up the entire window.  As soon as I begin to move the text, the file window scrolls so the selected text is suddenly relocated vertically to the middle of the screen.  This does not occur in Arbortext 5.4, and I don't know about Arbortext 6 behavior.

Have any of you seen this and know how to resolve it? 

Thanks!

>> Randy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This is caused by Arbortext Editor attempting to position the cursor location into the center of the Arbortext Editor window

See Knowledge Base Article CS219964.

• Workaround 1:
    • View tables in tagged mode, View > Tables > Table Markup
  • Workaround 2:
    • Use ctrl+c and ctrl+v to copy and paste
    • Use ctrl+x and ctrl+v to cut and paste
  • Workaround 3:
    • Use drag-n-drop functionality with care and caution

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

This is caused by Arbortext Editor attempting to position the cursor location into the center of the Arbortext Editor window

See Knowledge Base Article CS219964.

• Workaround 1:
    • View tables in tagged mode, View > Tables > Table Markup
  • Workaround 2:
    • Use ctrl+c and ctrl+v to copy and paste
    • Use ctrl+x and ctrl+v to cut and paste
  • Workaround 3:
    • Use drag-n-drop functionality with care and caution

Thank you, Tim.  I was surprised that my searching hadn't found anything in this forum, but thanks for the tip on the knowledge base article.  It's disappointing that this deviation in behavior from Arbortext 5 is marked as "No Plans to Fix".  This behavior is a bit disruptive. 

I just upgraded to v7.0 from v6.0 and this screen centering "glitch" is VERY distracting when moving elements/tags around. Please patch it so it stops centering the selected elements on screen.

So this issue still exists with AE 7.1 M050.

I would urge PTC to find a permanent solution to this glitch. We work with health/medical content and this can cause errors in content (dosages) which could be harmful to patients.

I have opened a ticket with PTC, however, there doesn't seem to be a solution...as of yet.

Top Tags