cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

EXTERNAL: Epic licenses

ebenton
1-Newbie

EXTERNAL: Epic licenses

I know that if you have, for instance, a concurrent license, and you look in your Arbortext...\bin directory, there will be a DLL file named "elmdlm.dll". If you have a fixed license, there will be one named "elmdsl.dll". You can add the use of a fixed license to a PC with a concurrent license that you want to use when it is disconnected from your network where the concurrent license is managed. You would usually do this for a laptop on which you want to use Arbortext while on travel.
Conversely, you can do the opposite, so that a fixed-license-only PC can use a concurrent license on a network with a server-based license manager (although why you would want to do this if you already have a fixed license is beyond me).
Anyway, you can do this by copying the desired DLL from the Arbortext.../dll folder and pasting it into the Arbortext.../bin folder.
I believe this works for all versions of Editor up to 5.2. I am not sure about newer versions.
3 REPLIES 3

Obviously, you have to have the proper license(s) available to the PC.

Ed,

Thanks, I've got a fixed license and I could transfer it to the PC for a bit, but I'd swear that there was another option once upon a time. I know that Adobe allows two installs for one license.

Lynn

Lynn,

Rules are that your home machine is eligible if your work machine has a "fixed/locked" license, but not if the work machine is using a concurrent/portable license. I last looked this up several years ago (for version 5.1) and I don't know if the license requirements changed since.

I believe you have to open a case to get a license for the second machine.

-Andy
\ / Andy Esslinger LM Aero - Tech Order Data
_____-/\-_____ (817) 279-0442 1 Lockheed Blvd, Mail Zone 4285
\_\/_/ (817) 777 3047 Fort Worth, TX 76108
Top Tags