cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

EXTERNAL: Generating PDF

AndyEsslinger
1-Newbie

EXTERNAL: Generating PDF

Sorry David,

I just passed on what I was told by Arbortext tech support. I had a case about a PDF problem and they wanted me to try PDF Direct instead of Acrobat. When I couldn't make it work, the tech delved into what I had licensed. He told me that PDF Direct was only built into Styler and I would need to buy a Styler license (or a PE server) to use it.

I thought I was passing a fact, but now it sounds like something changed since the PDF case was worked (by the way, my case was caused by some missing registry entries for Acrobat).

I guarantee that if I remove acrobat distiller that the Compose-->PDF selection will be greyed out even though I have a print composer license installed. On June 12th 2014, the company issued a new laptop for me, but didn't transfer the Acrobat software from the old one and I couldn't composer PDFs. It may be because I use version 5.3m040, but the Arbortext tech didn't mention versions as a factor; just whether there was a Styler (or server) license or not..

-Andy

Andy Esslinger, (817) 279-0442, (817) 777 3047
Integrated Fighter Group
LM Aero, Tech Order Data (TOD)
1 Lockheed Blvd, Mail Zone 6634
White Settlement, TX 76108-3916
1 REPLY 1

I think that may have come in version 5.4 (I am at M100)

I currently can set peservices=off and usedistiller=off and I am able to compose PDFs, and get the directPDF dialog that allows selection of *.pdfcf files. I do not have styler licensed.
Top Tags