cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Epic 5.4 - Style PIs

ptc-5165895
1-Newbie

Epic 5.4 - Style PIs

Hi,

We have application specific PIs in our documents. We need to display these PIs and the elements/text under it in a different color in the editor. Any ideas on how this can be done?

SRN

1 REPLY 1
pnagai
4-Participant
(To:ptc-5165895)

Take a look in the ../lib directory of your Editor install. The _touchup-eic.fos and _font-eic.fos will be of interest. Even if you are using Styler, the coding in here can be replicated either directly in a Styler stylersheet or through source edits.

You can use conditions to test for screen or print composition and ignore these for print. We use FOSI for our screen stylesheets. In most cases, we use the same FOSI for both screen and print. Where that's true, I use these tests all the time:

<specval attname="PRINT-ONLY" attloc="system-var" attval="#ANY" />

<specval attname="PRINT-ONLY" attloc="system-var" attval="#NONE" />

<specval attname="EDITOR-ONLY" attloc="system-var" attval="#ANY" />

<specval attname="EDITOR-ONLY" attloc="system-var" attval="#NONE" />

(EDITOR-ONLY and editor-only both work but I think #ANY and #NONE have to be capitalized, but honestly I haven't tested that or I don't remember doing so anyway, but if you are OCD about caps/CAPS you could figure out whether you can pick your poison.)

If you haven't seen me say so before, you should join the Adepters mailing list where lots and lots of Arbortext users, admins, and developers hang out 24/7/365. Information on joining that list (as well as pointers to lots of other Arbortext resources) can be found here:

http://blog.single-sourcing.com/top-arbortext-resources

See also:

http://www.single-sourcing.com/company/social.html

Good luck!

Top Tags