cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Error in Arbortext

JE_11013556
4-Participant

Error in Arbortext

Hello everybody, can somebody help me? I'm using Arbortext 8.2 but can't preview or export PDFs because the PTC Arbortext Publishing Engine isn't configured. Somebody can provide me steps on how to fix this error.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Alexia
13-Aquamarine
(To:JE_11013556)

Hello,

The first question is 'do you have a Publishing Engine' License?

If you only have an Arbortext Editor license you will not be able to publish content, you will only be able to Edit content.

There are many Knowledge Base articles available on the main PTC Support Site that will assist you or the Help Center topics.

You can check your license.txt file which will tell you what products you have licensed.

I hope this is of help

Alexia

Alexia

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Alexia
13-Aquamarine

Hello,

The first question is 'do you have a Publishing Engine' License?

If you only have an Arbortext Editor license you will not be able to publish content, you will only be able to Edit content.

There are many Knowledge Base articles available on the main PTC Support Site that will assist you or the Help Center topics.

You can check your license.txt file which will tell you what products you have licensed.

I hope this is of help

Alexia

Alexia
JE_11013556
4-Participant
(To:Alexia)

Hello, Alexia. Thank you for your feedback. Currently, we only have Arbortext Editor, Arbortext Print Composer, and Arbortext with Styler License. Is there any missing license why we can't preview or export PDF or just the Publishing Engine License is missing?

Editor will use the print composer license to publish and styler has publishing built in. When you install editor you need to ensure that you have selected to install the print composer option. Can you publish from styler?

Bryon

manpsingh
6-Contributor

Hello,

Could you please tell me what is the error message you are seeing?

Are you publishing through Arbortext Editor or Arbortext Editor with Styler?

If you’re getting errors related with PE URL is not configured etc., and you are also not using Publishing Engine then you can uncheck the PE URL option from Tool > Preferences > Publishing Engine and uncheck the option and retest the use case.

Regards,
Manpreet Singh

Alexia
13-Aquamarine

Please go to 'Tools > Preferences > Publishing Engine' and uncheck the box for 'Use Publishing Engine'.

Then Editor should be able to use your Print Composer or Styler license to publish to PDF.

I hope this is of help.

Please let me know how you get on.

Alexia
JE_11013556
4-Participant

Hi Alexia, "Use Publishing Engine" already uncheck but still unable to preview or export PDF.

JE_11013556_0-1712240116329.png

Alexia
13-Aquamarine

Hi,

In Editor, please go to 'File > New > Docbook > Arbortext XML DocBook V4.0', select 'Sample' and 'OK'

Then go to 'File > Publish > PDF' - Does this shipped sample publish?

If 'Publish > PDF' is not available to you - please go to 'Help > Session > components' and this should show you what licenses are available.

It may be that Editor is not finding your Print Composer or Styler License

Alexia
Alexia
13-Aquamarine

Styler automatically allows publishing - what happens if you go to the Styler menu and publish to PDF from there?

Print Composer is a Standard Feature with a Styler License

Are you able to access Styler or when you go to the Styler menu and Edit stylesheet does it return the following:

Alexia_0-1712243229450.png

I would recommend raising a Support ticket with the PTC Support Team for further assistance.

Alexia
Top Tags