cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Error when opening ArborText

jackjare9455
3-Visitor

Error when opening ArborText

I upgraded one of my users ArborText installation for 6.1 to 7.1 M010.  Now, whenever he starts the ArborText application, he gets the attached error. 

I am an IT guy tasked with packaging and installing the software.  I have no knowledge of how to use it.

Any ideas?  Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

by the looks of things your application is being distributed by a zip file. In the application folder there is a folder named init. The acl scripts in this folder will automatically be initiated upon Editor startup. The first error is looking at the acl in the init folder which is referencing the a line in the bursting.acl in the scripts folder.

BRyon

It appears the software is downloading a custom package from somewhere. Is it downloading a custom package that is incompatible with the version of Arbortext that they have been upgraded to? Customisation packages are rarely compatible between major Arbortext software versions.

Forgot to mention, If you go to environmental variables under system, look for APTCUSTOM, this should lead you to the location of the application it is downloading.

Bryon

I will definitely check that variable... I don't remember there being a variable named APTCUSTOM, but I will check and report back.

I will have to get with my user and check it out.  Thank you for the suggestion!  I will update with anything that I find.

Top Tags