cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Extract List of Graphic Entities Declared and Being Used (Newbie Help)

RobertWilliams
1-Newbie

Extract List of Graphic Entities Declared and Being Used (Newbie Help)

Hi All,

I don't know ACL (can barely spell it) - but I need to know of a simple way of extracting a list of all of the graphic entities in use in my XML doc (as what I'm really trying to do is to both eliminate / delete unused graphic entities, as well as eliminate / delete graphics that I'm not using in my current XML doc.)

I can see them in the Arbortext Graphic Entities ('Count Uses') Dialog box, but I don't know how to dump them out to a text file, .csv, .xls or whatever - some format that I can rack and stack them in.

It's a military XML tech manual (LOGSA MIL-STD 40051-2 chg 3, ASRL Construct 3.27, Stylesheet Fileset V1.8)

I know one of you gurus can pass me a simple ACL command line whoozit to dump the list of used/unused graphic entities.

Barring that, I'm relegated to screenshotting and OCRing a gazillion pages of the Arbortext Graphic Entities Dialog box ('Count Uses'), in order to rack and stack the list of 1500 plus graphic files to eliminate some 500+ of them that I don't need - and need not have them in the batch for processing or delivery.

So, if one of you folks would be so kind... (consider it like a 'green' gift... save so many of the OCR pixels from being wasted.)

Thanks,

Bob Williams

Tech Research Group Inc.

(a tiny little TM shop in Rhode Island)

TEL 401.434.4680 (Office)

EMAIL Robert.Williams@TechResearchGroup.Com

2 REPLIES 2

This might inspire you, Bob:

http://www.adepters.org/index.php?title=How_to_remove_unused_graphic_entites_from_a_document%3F

I found using that code in later releases of AE, it removes all entities.
Including the used ones. I hope it is just me, but that has been my
results.

d

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 7:14 AM, Karl Johan Kleist <
karl.johan@kleist-it-consulting.de> wrote:

> This might inspire you, Bob:
>
>
>
Top Tags