cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

FOSI interpretation in Editor 5.2 vs Editor 6.0

ebenton
1-Newbie

FOSI interpretation in Editor 5.2 vs Editor 6.0

I have noticed some differences in formatting between what we used to get with Editor 5.2 and what we get now with Editor 6.0 M040.

Given the following structure: <c></c> :

In Editor 5.2 our e-i-c for element <c> used to read "<e-i-c gi="C" context="A">

Now, in Editor 6.0 M040 it has to read : <e-i-c gi="C" context="*" a&quot;=">. Otherwise, it won't fire.

I presume this is a difference in the formatter interpreting the FOSI from version 5.2 to version 6.0.

Has anyone else noticed this?

4 REPLIES 4

In reading my own email, I realized that I had gotten the structure wrong. It should be <c></c> .

Oh, that makes more sense.

For as long as I have been coding FOSIs, context="A" would only find immediate children, and context="* A" is required to find a decendent at any level.

That being said, there has been more than one time where I have researched an older FOSI that I had written a long time ago to make a change, and come across something that I swear shouldn't work, but somehow is.

In moving to 5.4, I had come to learn that depending on the total number of occurrences of a child element, getting the first|notfirst|last|notlast|middle to work consistently between a pair of child elements for one doc, and 3 or more of the same children for other docs was a challenge.

The SDIPTF software I use to make the graphics has a problem with sizing consistency. It doesn't save the size between graphics in a session so they tend to creep out of bounds. The Windows XP version worked fine, but Windows 7 version is wobbly.

-Andy

Andy Esslinger, (817) 279-0442, (817) 777 3047
Integrated Fighter Group
LM Aero, Tech Order Data (TOD)
1 Lockheed Blvd, Mail Zone 6634
White Settlement, TX 76108-3916

Please disregard previous post. I was attempting to reply to a different e-mail to a coworker..

Sorry,
-Andy

Andy Esslinger, (817) 279-0442, (817) 777 3047
Integrated Fighter Group
LM Aero, Tech Order Data (TOD)
1 Lockheed Blvd, Mail Zone 6634
White Settlement, TX 76108-3916
Top Tags