cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

File Size Limitation?

JB99
1-Newbie

File Size Limitation?

I am curious if there is a file size limitation with IsoDraw 7.1. I am trying to open a larger TIF file in IsoDraw. The TIF file is 36mb when I attempt to open the file I get a dialog box with the following error message;

The memeory is full.

Please close some windows or allocate more

memory! (Then list the filename)

I have closed all windows except for IsoDraw same results. I have tried allocating more memory, same results. I do not know what to try next. Here are the system specs:

Windows XP Pro with Service Pack 3

4gb ram

250 gb HDD with 200 gb free space

Video Card is ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT

The file appears fine I can open the file with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator. I can insert the file into AutoCAD 2008 with no problems. I have opened TIF files with IsoDraw before with no problems. The only thing I can think is there must be some sort of file size that IsoDraw can handle up to a certain limit.

I appreciate any and all help with this problem.

Thanks,

Keith

2 REPLIES 2
DmitryTsarev
17-Peridot
(To:JB99)

Jessica

It takes 1-2 seconds to open a 55mb .tif here, so it's not IsoDraw limiting you from opening large files.

I'm on a Core2Duo laptop with 4Gb RAM, Windows 7 x64 and GeForce GT220M - not very high-end PC definitely.

I'd suggest you to try to open your file on another PC to try to pinpoint the limiting factor.

I'm not sure what memory is full - IsoDraw doesn't mention it. Your graphic card is quite outdated and has 256Mb onboard memory - I'd suspect this in first place.

Note: 4Gb (you actually should see only ~3Gb if you're on x32 Win XP) should be enough for opening a 40Mb .tiff. Just make sure you have enough free RAM when you encounter the issue (i.e. you have no other programs running in the background which consume lots of RAM).

Regards,

Dmitry

Dmitry,

Thanks for the response. I also am suspect of the video card as you said it is a little old and under-powered. When I attempt to open the file IsoDraw does not hesitate or "struggle" to open the file it just immediately goes to the error message.

I should have said I have a 4gb of ram in the machine and only see 3gb of the ram. I have fought the 3gb limit in windows xp before.

I will try to open on another machine, I will have to find one with a little more robust graphics card.

Thanks,

Keith

Top Tags