cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Find/Replace window won't open

ShelleyThompson
1-Newbie

Find/Replace window won't open

I am running Arbortext Editor version 5.3 M050 on Windows XP Professional SP 2. The Find/Replace window worked as expected last week. To my knowledge, I have not made any changes to my virus protection or security software within the past week. The settings are the same as ever.

Today, in the same 30+ files edited last week, the Find/Change window won't open from Ctrl + F, or from Find > Find/Replace, or from the Find/Replace icon on the shortcut bar. Nothing at all happens. Zero, zip, nada. I checked the file properties, and they are still set with Write permissions.

My first thought was that the Find/Change window may be a popup that is being blocked. I turned off my Popup blocker, and no dice.

My second thought is that the Find/Change utility may be a macro, which Windows sees as a problem -- but I'm only fishing for the cause, hoping it may spark an idea that will lead to a fix.

If you have experienced this same problem and have a solution, please reply. Any suggestions are welcome.

1 REPLY 1

Hi Shelley,

You should see what the adepters mailing list has to say about your question. I'm sure you would have received several answers / tips / clarifying questions by now. That's where the Arbortext user community lives. You can find out how to find them on this page:

http://communities.ptc.com/thread/5334?tstart=0

Top Tags