cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Find text and replace with an ph element

bfriesen
16-Pearl

Find text and replace with an ph element

Is there a way to search for text in RDE and replace it with an element.

eg PN # gets replaced with <ph platform="123_Co-brand 456_Co-brand"></ph>

Thanks

Bryon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Do you have the topics checked out/locked? You may need to select "File->Edit All Entities and Inclusions" to make sure everything in the RDE is editable.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Bryon--

You can do this through the standard Find/Replace dialog, Simply put the text you want to find in the "Find What" field, and the markup string you want to insert in the "Replace With" field, and make sure the "Match Markup" option is checked.

ClayHelberg_0-1685991372216.png

Of course, you can also do this with ACL code if you want to automate it. You can use a loop with the find command and use insert($markupstring) to insert your element(s).

--Clay

Thanks for the response Clay, I have a lot that I want to change, If you do it in RDE I get this message. It works as expected in a topic.

bfriesen_0-1685992304296.png

Thanks

BRyon

Do you have the topics checked out/locked? You may need to select "File->Edit All Entities and Inclusions" to make sure everything in the RDE is editable.

That was it Clay that was the magic setting that I was missing.

Thank you.

Bryon

Excellent, glad it's working for you!

Top Tags