cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Generating FO from Arbortext XSL-FO

ksperring
1-Newbie

Generating FO from Arbortext XSL-FO

Hi,
Does anyone have any insights into the ability to generate .FO files from the Arbortext generated XSL-FO?
I am looking to use Apache FOP, but seem to be getting rather numerous XSL exceptions?
Any insights would be welcome.

Thanks
Kevin Sperring

3 REPLIES 3

Kevin,

You should be able to export the XSLFO from Styler to a .xsl file. You should then be able to do an XSLT publish using that stylesheet to generate the raw FO markup.

The generated XSLT should be perfectly legal, but I do think it might be XSL 2.0, so if you try to run it with an XSLT 1.0 engine (like Xalan, which is what FOP uses by default), it might not work. Arbortext's default XSLT processor is Saxon, which supports XSLT 2.0.

Chris

Hi Chris,
Thanks for that heads up.
I'm using the saxon9he.jar and while the transform does not produce any errors, the output contains only the document content and absolutely no FO markup?

And then the text content follows.
The exported stylesheet is a version 1.0
I'm quite happy to follow an approach of saxon producing the .FO file for FOP to consume and produce the PDF from.

Thanks
Kevin

Chris,
Thanks I've got this sorted.
Would help if I did not use the home edition of saxon which does not include the necessary extensions.

Thanks
Kevin
Top Tags