cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Getting Arbortext to open with writeunspecifiedattrs=all by default

slevins
1-Newbie

Getting Arbortext to open with writeunspecifiedattrs=all by default

Hi,

I have been playing with this functionality and have a requirement to have Arbortext write the DTD defined default attribute values. Executing the command after opening the application works as expected but is there any way to set this as a default value and not have to re-execute the command every time the application opens?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Steve--

Yes, you can do this by adding a small script file to your custom directory. (If you are not using a custom directory of your own, you can use the one in the Arbortext installation directory.)

Create a file called init.acl, with the following command:

set writeunspecifiedattrs=all;

Then put it in the init folder in your custom directory. This will run the command every time you start up Arbortext.

--Clay

If I am understanding your question properly, you can set your default DTD in the File Locations link (Tools->Preferences->File Locations). Do NOT delete or modify any of the pre-existing paths. Just add the path to where your entities and DITA References are located on your hard drive or internet location.

I created a "My Arbortext" folder on my hard drive outside of the PTC folder where my DTDs, FOSIs, and ditarefs exist.

20160418 Aid.jpg

Top Tags