cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Graphic Respository

clake
1-Newbie

Graphic Respository

We currently are storing our graphic files on a seperate network as a repository. We have had issues with the network, where it might be down but our Composer is still composing. The result is not graphics in the PDF. We also have to change our network mapping daily, because the server has be replaced and points elsewhere. Is there a place in Arbortext Editior for such a repository?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TimPhelps
7-Bedrock
(To:clake)

Sorry, but in the previous note I stated

C:\Program Files\PTC\Arbortext PE\custom\doctypes

but I meant to type

C:\Program Files\PTC\Arbortext PE\custom\graphics

If you are going to place the graphics on the PE server, then

1) Place the graphics in the C:\Program Files\PTC\Arbortext PE\custom\graphics directory

2) Restart Tomcat so the PE Publishing Engine sees the graphics

3) On the Arbortext Editor clients set the environment variable APTGRPATH to point to C:\Program Files\PTC\Arbortext PE\custom\graphics

TIm

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TimPhelps
7-Bedrock

Have you thought about using the custom\graphics directory in the install path for Arbortext Publishing Engine on the PE server? Arbortext Editor clients could point to the PE server rather than your other network location.

Best regards,

Tim

Where is this custom\graphics directory?

TimPhelps
7-Bedrock

On the PE server, in the Arbortext Publishing Engine Install Path. Generally, the path is C:\Program Files\PTC\Arbortext PE\custom\doctypes

Tim

Does this have anything to do with APTGRPATH? Could you please explain the steps to apply it?

Cindy

TimPhelps
7-Bedrock

Sorry, but in the previous note I stated

C:\Program Files\PTC\Arbortext PE\custom\doctypes

but I meant to type

C:\Program Files\PTC\Arbortext PE\custom\graphics

If you are going to place the graphics on the PE server, then

1) Place the graphics in the C:\Program Files\PTC\Arbortext PE\custom\graphics directory

2) Restart Tomcat so the PE Publishing Engine sees the graphics

3) On the Arbortext Editor clients set the environment variable APTGRPATH to point to C:\Program Files\PTC\Arbortext PE\custom\graphics

TIm

Thank you Tim, that was just what I needed.

Cindy

Top Tags