cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Having trouble adding colors when converting from 3D to 2D

LanceWoods
1-Newbie

Having trouble adding colors when converting from 3D to 2D

I'm having trouble converting 3D drawings to 2D and adding color to multiple items. I can add one color no problem, but trying to add two different colors seems ify at best when using the Help in IsoDraw. Also, sometimes adding color works, and sometimes it doesn't. I tried adding color twice back to back, and the first time it worked, but the second time it didn't. Is this an isoDraw issue or type of 3D model I'm using...STEP vs IGES? I'm using STEP 203. Anyone have this problem and or have any suggestions?

Thanks...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I figured out what is happening. After adding color and creating the 2D drawing, sometimes IsoDraw shows color on the IsoDraw workspace and sometimes it does not show color and appears as a line drawing with no color. I created a CGM of the 2D drawing from IsoDraw and it actually does have color, but appears not to in IsoDraw. Not sure if this is a glitch in IsoDraw and why sometimes it shows color when the 3D is converted to 2D, but other times it doesn't. Just glad I figured it out:)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I figured out what is happening. After adding color and creating the 2D drawing, sometimes IsoDraw shows color on the IsoDraw workspace and sometimes it does not show color and appears as a line drawing with no color. I created a CGM of the 2D drawing from IsoDraw and it actually does have color, but appears not to in IsoDraw. Not sure if this is a glitch in IsoDraw and why sometimes it shows color when the 3D is converted to 2D, but other times it doesn't. Just glad I figured it out:)

Don't have IsoDraw open right now, so you I'm doing this from memory...

Go to your layers menu. One of the options is to turn on layer color (makes content blue for instance on one layer and red on another so you can easily tell where objects are). I believe the option is the color tile right before the layer name. Just click it and a cross-out should appear.

Top Tags