cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Help!! How to show in DITAmap "Name" in ACM or an attribute of an element

ptc-5110902
1-Newbie

Help!! How to show in DITAmap "Name" in ACM or an attribute of an element

Hello all.

Can anyone give me a quick answer for this? It is an emergency.

We use "Arbortext Editro with Styler" to make data and "Arbortext Content Manager" to manage it.

We created a DITA bookmap with a lot of DITA topics hanging from it and put it in ACM.

But it is very difficult to look for the data we want in the bookmap by using ACM screen because the "file name" shown in DITAmap (ex: x-wc//8888888888888.xml) and the "name" shown in the browser (this browser means the one you open from Arbortext Editor-> Object).

So I think it will be easiler to find a file I want on the browser if the file name in the bookmap and "Name" in the browser are same. Or the value of the element's attribute whose name is same as "Name".

Is it possible to show in bookmap view "Name", or any other information, such as an attribute which can show the same letters as "Names" .

Your advice is highly appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards,

tomomi

1 REPLY 1

Hi Tomomi,

First, what version of ACM are you using? I use 10/10.1. When I create and upload a DITA map, I see the title of the topicref. When you burst a standalone procedure, is it saving as the title name, the document number or other? The title name of the files can be modified within your bursting config file.

Also, when you go to the details page of a DITA map, go to the Structure tab. Here you'll see a sub tab called "Uses." This will show all of the files referenced by that map. It will display them by the filename stored in Windchill. If this shows the document number as the file name, then I would check your bursting config file for what it is using to set the filename.

Top Tags