cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Help! I want to keep my title tag but I don't want it to populate in the ToC.

ptc-6362871
1-Newbie

Help! I want to keep my title tag but I don't want it to populate in the ToC.

Does anyone know of a way to keep your title tag for a subpara but not have what is entered into the title tag appear in the ToC. Please help!

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you are using FOSI, here are two possibilities.

1. In the e-i-c for subpara title, code a specval to test for the ID attribute on the relevant subpara. For example:

specval attloc="subpara" attname="id" attval="#NE#\A123\"

charsubset

savetext textid="toc.app ..."

2. In the e-i-c for subpara title, code a savetext to save the title content, and code a usetext to call a pseudo-element to test the title content. For example:

savetext textid="exception-case-title.txt" conrule="#CONTENT"

usetext source="<exception-case-title.psu>,</exception-case-title.psu>"

In the e-i-c for exception-case-title.psu, code a specval to test for the content of the subpara title. For example:

specval attloc="#FOSI" attname="exception-case-title.txt" attval="#NE#\Exception Case Title\"

charsubset

Hope this helps!

Suzanne

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

If you are using FOSI, here are two possibilities.

1. In the e-i-c for subpara title, code a specval to test for the ID attribute on the relevant subpara. For example:

specval attloc="subpara" attname="id" attval="#NE#\A123\"

charsubset

2. In the e-i-c for subpara title, code a savetext to save the title content, and code a usetext to call a pseudo-element to test the title content. For example:

savetext textid="exception-case-title.txt" conrule="#CONTENT"

usetext source="<exception-case-title.psu>,</exception-case-title.psu>"

In the e-i-c for exception-case-title.psu, code a specval to test for the content of the subpara title. For example:

specval attloc="#FOSI" attname="exception-case-title.txt" attval="#NE#\Exception Case Title\"

charsubset

Hope this helps!

Suzanne

rdiaz
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-6362871)

Hi Adam,

Was Suzanne's answer enough to get you what you wanted? If you still experiencing problems, let us know. Thanks!

I think you can set a attribute for the title element, and set the condition in contents.

TimPhelps
7-Bedrock
(To:lxie1)

I think Lorin's has a good suggestion if you are using Styler.

There is a "Customize" button on the TOC tab for the selected TOC.

In there one can select or deselect usage.

If you have resolved the issue, then could you mark which answer assisted you, or add a note describing your solution, so that the community knows what worked for you?

Top Tags