cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Hi, A FOSI question

RayStachowiak
12-Amethyst

Hi, A FOSI question

In a document I save the title of a svcproc tag every time it appears into a string and append it to the previous one. At the bottom of the page I want to set this combined value of the string in the footer. then I want to clear it so that on the next page I can begin saving only those title that appear on that page to set at the bottom of the page. I can save the variable using append=1, my problem is finding a way to clear it after pagination so I can start saving again.

thanks for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Arbortext's distinction between pagedesc and styldesc variables means what you want cannot be done directly. Instead of appending to the string, I suggest outputting the string in the footer using [FB] or [TB]. Save the element content within a formatting pseudo-element. Then e-i-cs for the pseudo-element with different occurrence settings can format the string in the footer. (If you have my book, see the section on String Variables in Chapter 5.)

Good luck!

Suzanne Napoleon

SuzanneNapoleon@FOSIexpert.com

"WYSIWYG is last-century technology!"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Arbortext's distinction between pagedesc and styldesc variables means what you want cannot be done directly. Instead of appending to the string, I suggest outputting the string in the footer using [FB] or [TB]. Save the element content within a formatting pseudo-element. Then e-i-cs for the pseudo-element with different occurrence settings can format the string in the footer. (If you have my book, see the section on String Variables in Chapter 5.)

Good luck!

Suzanne Napoleon

SuzanneNapoleon@FOSIexpert.com

"WYSIWYG is last-century technology!"

Suzanne, bought your book and Chapter 5 had all the answers, thanks for the suggestion. Good book with lots of examples if coding FOSI is your requirements.

Hi Ray!

That was fast!

I'm delighted to hear Practical FOSI is working for you. I guess I wrote the book that I would want, including lots of examples. Text can be open to interpretation. Good examples that (presumably) work can make all the difference.

Best regards,

Suzanne

Top Tags